Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ethan's fied trip to Tompkin's Farm


Today I went with Ethan on his field trip to Don Tompkin's Farm. He is an old time islander who is really cool. He has the kindergarten classes come to his farm every year to see the new lambs. He has 4 sheep dogs that are pretty amazing although today the class ended up rounding up the sheep.

Ethan with Don and his teacher Pam.
He was SO gentile with this lamb, it was great to watch. I took a video also, which I'll try to upload next.
Don's old gas pump. I am amazed by how cool this old style pump is. There doesn't seem to be much thought put into stuff these days.
Don's 1924 Ford that he drives around Orcas in the summer with his dogs in the back.

Ethan taking a shot on the rope swing.More dog tricks... "Pepe" can stand up for a long time!
pooped pups! The kids wore them out!

No comments: