So Ethan and his friend Finn "discovered" THE cave on Mt. Constitution a few weeks back. Ethan is somewhat notorious for his hiking durability, so I just assumed that since Ethan could do it, then we could do it. We took our friends Andy and Ruthie (who are not big on hiking) on Ethan's wee journey! So far so good......right?
still smiling... it was 1000 ft. up and about a 4 hour ordeal
sitting down after Ethan had a little fall. Grant decides to distract him with this wee grasshopper, who in fact bit him right after this photo was taken!! I didn't know Grasshoppers could bite!!
finally we see the cave!
excited and nervous about going in..
We had headlamps and went in about 500 ft or so. It is really cool and really kind of creepy!! Makes me think about the miners in Chile! this photo was looking from inside the cave to the opening.
Ethan decides this is a good place to take a break. The way home was a little hard on those "bending legs" :)
One very large Cedar!
quick stop at Mt. Constitution
Ethan didn't need his midgy net, but decided to wear it anyway! Do these guys look bored?
3 comments:
What a journey guys!.. well done!!
Great photo moments, love you!
Think Ethan and Kira will remember the route to take Gran and Papa next year?....
well perhaps OUR legs will be a bit too bendy by then??
I'll stock up on Cod liver oil!
P.S. Ethan, you have to stop tasting so good!...
i always said you look good enough to eat...
I will make you some 'don't bite me' lotion?! Love you Gran. XXXX
I love this post. You guys are so much fun! Love you all.
Post a Comment