This is pretty much the ONLY time we've been able to hold our wee chicks. Ninja mom is just sooo good at being a mom! So they will most likely never be as friendly as our four orange fat hens, but that's ok as long as they are laying eggs!
Kira brought "Rosie" into the house and painted her nails. This is NOT a regular thing... (in case you were wondering.) I still believe chickens belong outside!!
It was kind of interesting to see her on carpet. She was very confused.
I love this time of year. I almost forgot all the flowers that were here.
did I mention the weeds? ... they are growing quite well also!This year when the nettles came out I was on top of it and picked quite a bit.
Nettle tea is supposed to help with allergies. I don't know that it made any difference or not. I didn't drink it long enough to find out, but a lot of people say it cuts back on allergy medication. almost completely.
Nettle/garlic creme sauce pizza ! Really good.

Nettle pesto.
![]() |
| Newest projects........... Above: future home of swimming pool |
salsa..... and best new addition: Tada!! Dishwasher!!!! I am very excited about this one. I have a little more time these days without having to constantly be at the sink!
Ethan..... This ones for you Papa. :)![]() |
| Papa being drawn into another board game. You are so patient!!!! |
![]() |
| An experiment that didn't go so well.. |



















2 comments:
Several comments from me:
1. Chicks are so cute, Kira & Ethan are way cuter! Growing up too fast though!
2. Very pretty flowers!! My yard has some pretty ones coming on, but more weeds and grass in the front beds so far.
3.What's with getting a new dishwasher and NOT having MIKE come to install it???? Sheesh!! What a great way to get us to come out to Orcas! AND I am somewhat jealous that you do have a dishwasher, this house didn't come with one....sigh. I am glad you have one now.
4 Love and miss you all very much.
OH! I forgot this comment (must have been due to the dishwasher trauma) on marshmallows and cheetos: I bet the cheetos caught on fire...they really are great firestarters!! LOL!
Post a Comment