Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Sucia Island!!



Our lovely Ranger friends; Chris and Gretchen who took us to Sucia and Patos Island. Sucia pronounced by the locals as "Sue she ah" but the real pronunciation is Su see ah. Spanish for "dirty island." The Spanards who named the island were upset because their ship crashed into the rocks around the island.

First look over cliff looking towards Orcas Island. Tall cliffs!


This lunch spot on the point of a cliff is one you can see from our house! This is looking directly West towards Mt. Baker (hidden in the clouds) at Lummi Island.
I still don't get what this means? Brandee?

I took this picture for Scotland!
Cool fossils in the Sandstone. We ran out of time, so we took a shot of this one and moved on to the next island.

Yes, I am actually hugging this tree if you were wondering. I love Madrona trees. They are amazing!





No comments: