Thursday, March 22, 2007

and a few more....

I think this is the last set of photos from our trip..I am holding on to the blue sky and warmth as long as I can!!! It's a little chilly here!! Here are some photos from mine and Grant's adventure to the light house. El Faro. It's the tallest working lighthouse in North America. It's on the top of the hill here and it's quite a hike up. Right past the sewage treatment plant also, so the first few steps are a bit trying!!
At the top! A nice shady place for a break. There is an old dog up here too. I guess it belongs to the light keeper. You can see two cruise ships in the harbor from this angle.
looking south.
Lot's to see from up here.....
like these little islands

and you can see the cliff jumpers with our zoom. They wait for the tide to be just right and dive down from the platform. They try to get you to pay them to jump. Nuts if you ask me. It's pretty rocky.
Looking at "Old Mazatlan" This was the hip place to be in the 50's.
We hiked from the light house to old mazatlan. It was a good walk!
taking a break.. those are my toes.

Outside the Cathedral
inside.

No comments: