Friday, November 30, 2007

The Farm

The day after Thanksgiving Brandee and I spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa's farm. It is all still intact only no one was there. It was kind of surreal actually, but I think it was needed to have some kind of closure on Grandma's passing on. It was an unusually sunny day and it's really a special place.The old chicken house
I never could understand why Grandma and Grandpa didn't build their house here. Great view and away from the road.


Mt. St. Helen's was so clear. They really had front row seats when she blew!


This is sort of a graveyard/museum for farm equipment.
This old trailer reminds me of playing with all the cousins and also some hard days haying!!! I'll never forget when we tipped over our 6 bail tall stack of hay and had to re-stack the whole thing. It was all worth it for some homemade pie and maple bars!!! Unfortunately Grandpa saw the whole thing. "if you would have stacked it right, that wouldn't have happened!" DOH!!
Carmen looking unusually like "pupsie!" it's the leg "shortage" I think.

The old woodshed/bat guano factory! The bats are still there.
Brandee playing with Carmen

The Old dog house

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ronna for the pictures and memories. I miss her too.
Love, Mom