Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Soccer

Here are a few shots of Grant coaching his soccer team. He actually teaches with Mathew, an English guy, and they practice every Tuesday and Thursday and then have a game on Saturday. I am proud of Grant for coaching. It's tough work. He originally planned to coach whatever Kira's team would be, but since Kira broke her ankle he was available to teach the next age group up. They are doing a great job. Grant is being the "nice" Scottish man and Matt is being the "evil" English guy. (thought you'd like that) but whatever they are doing, it is working! They are still undefeated.

Kira, Ethan and I rode our bikes to the game. I should have taken photos, but I was afraid Ethan would self destruct. He hit two trees/bushes into town on his bike. It is partially my fault for not following up on his bike riding and partially because he is sort of ....um....uncoordinated? Or overly cautious? (which again could be my fault) but it was odd to watch him drive right into a tree at a very slow pace....In his defense, he rode the whole time the soccer game was on and did a great job on the way home...well besides the one fall. I just found the whole thing today humorous. Then we went to our friends Dave and Karen's house and fired potato guns into the sea. I think we may be regressing?


Half time break

Kira took this photo of the parents on the sideline. It's pretty good!

1 comment:

maw and paw said...

The guilt of mothers, huh?.. a boy 's got to crash into a few trees now and then surely?!.. Go Ethan go!.. love it..

and... love those Scottish legs!.. keep up the good work son.