The second week we headed to the highlands in a rented camper van. I had some serious moments of sheer fear when we would come around a corner (the speed limit is almost always 60 it seems) and there would be a bicyclist or a sheep or a large truck coming our way! The roads are narrow, but Grant did a great job. Ethan and Kira loved the new way to travel! Me too!

This sums up the weather we had in Scotland.. 4 seasons in a day they all say. They are right about that.

this beautiful little river was just outside Ft. Augustus..we stopped here to get gas.


this is the Scottish scenery that I love.


We camped here at Loch Ness.

full moon at Loch Ness. Too bad you can't see the midgies in this photo.


beach glass we found at Loch Ness....including red beach glass! A rare find.

We stopped here for lunch in Ft. Augustus. It is where the locks are into Loch Ness. Boats come in all the way from the sea. Very cool to watch.



our home on wheels...
1 comment:
Such amazing photos of your trip!! I would love to visit Scotland as well! I can't believe you found beach glass...I have to see your collection, did you bring it home with you? Such wonderful memories you have brought home with you.
Post a Comment