Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Kira's class and the Pennies for Peace project
I don't know if you've read the book "Three Cups of Tea" but Greg Mortenson, co-author of this book came to Mount Vernon last week. Kira's class, who are reading the book, were able to take a field trip over to see him speak. It was an amazing experience. He is a great speaker. I managed to make this wee video of Kira's teacher giving him a large penny from the class. Some kids from her class also got to go into a room afterward and spend some time with Greg. I'll see if I can find a way to load one of the photos from the college. Kira just took $100 dollars of her own money this morning to contribute to purchasing a school in Pakistan. You can check out the program here: Pennies for Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment