
Before hearing Greg Mortenson speak, we stopped and had a tour of a local nursery. These fruit are a cross between a lemon and an orange.
imagine having your own kumquat tree!
old school house
crazy kids!
Lookout Mountain park. You can see pretty far from up here. Islands in the background!
Skagit Valley
Finally over to hear Greg speak. There were about 2,600 children and teachers in the gymnasium. It was a full house. Kira's teacher managed to get us in and right in the very front of the gym on the floor.
The other side of the coin presented to Greg.

This is kind of blurry because it is a copy of a photo from the Skagit college website. I wasn't able to get in the room and take any photos. Just these 5 students were allowed in. Kind of crazy. I am glad for Kira. This whole project has been huge for her.
It just wouldn't be complete with out pizza!
They made the Skagit paper. Maybe the Orcas paper next week.
3 comments:
Well done Kira!. Daddy has been telling me about this.. well done you for caring so much..
Did anyone tell you you are beautiful today? I just did.. Love you, Gran XX
This was so awesome! I am so glad that you and Kira got to hear Greg speak, Aubrey and I are thinking about going to Longview, WA to hear him....what a great experience for Kira!! Love it, love you guys more. Miss you.
Plus I noticed that you went to Christianson's Nursery NEAR ME....that is one of my favorite nurserys!! Isn't it beautiful?!?!?!
Post a Comment