Thursday, May 5, 2011

working on our wee farm....

the wisteria grows a little more every day. Hey, see that patch of blue in the background? That little blue kept me going today!

more stuff coming up.. everywhere, more green. Hostas and some kind of lily here.
one of the patches of tulips
the fire pit that Grant built.
I don't know why I was so scared to build a chicken house. I went to the library and checked out a pile of books. I read many blue prints, but to tell you the truth, I didn't understand any of it....and I have a problem following directions. (it's an authority thing partly) Anyway, I decided to go for it. I don't think the chickens will mind too much and if worse comes to worse I can always set it on our burn pile and roast some marshmallows. The bottom line, I don't have a clue what I am doing, but I am having a really good time doing it! More as I progress.....
nesting boxes

getting there..

5 comments:

Ralph and Chris said...

Gosh, I love your new place. So beautiful. You are blessed!!

old dog said...

Looks like lily of the valley in the picture. Love the up and growing hen house and they will too!
Directions are for people with no imaginations!

Michelle said...

Looking forward to using that perfect stick in the marshmallow pit!

Beautiful chicken coop!

Notes from the lighthouse said...

Thanks for update.. looks great, wish we could just pop over to visit.. now!

Sarajoy said...

Way to go on that coop! You're inspiring me. I can't follow written directions for these things either. If I can see it done, I can do it. But I can't read about something and then make it happen in the physical realm. Your place looks really cool. So so so happy for you all!