Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Late July...already!

It's hard to believe that it is late July already. The fruit gives it away...that it is actually indeed summer time. I think we will have a big crop come October!

walnuts!
cherries are ripening this week.
peaches


Grant lost in the raspberry patch!!


our first broccoli!
happy squash.
So many raspberries!! I've been freezing bags full and I also made my first batch of jam today. I am amazed at how much sugar the recipe called for!! I think I'll try some other options next. It's great to have an abundance of fruit though. I can't say that I've ever experienced that. God is so good! Please come and eat some berries!!!
pizza and our first squash and also collard greens. (which Kira is not so fond of as you can tell by her face!!)


We found a queen sized pillow top bed here on the island. Sooo.. the trailer is coming along and it will actually be quite comfortable! Almost ready for guests!!

5 comments:

Mike & Shannon said...

Sure enjoy "visiting" your farm via your blog...it looks so beautiful and what a blessing to have so much bounty (except the walnuts!) in fruits and veggies! Looking forward to coming and testing the guest quarters, we miss you guys. Love to all of you!

Myles-Era Family said...

when do you want to come? Call me!!

Sarajoy said...

This is AMAZING! It's cool to think that some years ago someone planted those trees for you.

Notes from the lighthouse said...

Abundance!! So hope we can plan a trip before too long... touch it , feel it... love you, miss you... XX XX

Notes from the lighthouse said...

All booked! ... looks like we will eat well!?
Can't wait to sample 'farm life'! XX