
So....I seem to have a lot of my dad in me. Except for the fact that I'm not that good at building!! I just like to have a project going it seems. Kira's bed has been on the floor and she really wanted it up high. I got some old 2x4's from our friend Andy and gave it a whirl.
I am most amazed at how hard it is to make something "square". You can measure it 10 times and have equal sides and still not have a real genuine square. I just don't get it. I never was good at math!
Ok, so it's not "pretty", but it didn't cost anything and it turned out sturdy as anything!


voila! :)

Ben and our neighbors dog Emma trying to figure out what I am building next....
Last fall our friend Teri gave us a whole load of windows. It has been my plan to make a greenhouse for sometime now. I won't go into much detail.. I'll just say that this is truly my last "building" project for a while. I think I have some new gray hairs...but the end result is what I was looking for!




Mostly finished now. The door is on.. I still need to work on the gutter/rain catchment. More photos soon. I'm just glad I can sleep now without thinking about how the "lean-house/green-house" should be built!!! Now to find my seeds....

4 comments:
I am very IMPRESSED oh master builder!! Great job on the bed and the greenhouse, maybe you should come over and build me a greenhouse!! Love you!
You do amaze us!!... even sprouted an Ethan!.. that's some greenhouse... XXX
Square frames? Just measure the Diagonals and make them the same Don't use elastic though
Looks really smart Ronna you are something else! Norrie x
Those all look AMAZING! I don't even try that kind of stuff. I'm a "measure once, cut three to four times until it's all messed up" kind of gal. I envy your skill and courage!
Post a Comment