
This was our very first warm water dive. Our deepest depth was 92 feet. We went off the south shore of Kauai to the Beach House Arches and also to Sheraton Caverns. Each dive was close to an hour long.
Clearing our ears and going down the mooring line slowly... From the very first time we went underwater you could hear the humpback whales singing loudly. It was amazing.
This is the scariest part of the dive for me. My heart beat is thumping and I seriously have a psycho-therapy session with myself every time. Fortunately, Chris and Tracey Betcher were with us. Chris taught us how to dive here on Orcas, so it was a great first time having him with us. I don't know that I would have gone without him there.
Tracey and I working our way down.

Oh yeah !
the colors were more vibrant than this. The settings were not set right.. It was actually more clear than this shows.
I wanted to keep following this turtle... I have snorkeled with them before, but it was really something to be able to stay by it's side. I have to say this is the coolest thing I have ever done.

I have watched this so many times on nature programs. I almost forgot where we were. The rest of our gang actually saw a white tipped reef shark after Grant and I ascended. I made it clear that I didn't want to know if there was a shark, but strangely enough when I was underwater, I really didn't mind if I did.
Our dive guide, Seth, cutting some fishing line free from the reef. He was super funny and a great guide.

turtles everywhere


Seth grabbed a couple of rocks and clicked them together to get this fish to come out.
Granto...
Grant with his cool hair-do! :)
These guys/gals are endemic to Hawaii. Beautiful.
We dove under some caverns. I wasn't sure I would be able to handle it, but it was fantastic!!!
The flash really brings out the colors.

Crown of thorns. This was actually bright green. You can't tell from this photo.






I can't wait to do this again.
1 comment:
WOW!! Way COOL, Ronna!! I am so proud of you! What an amazingly great adventure! Love the photos, you looked very natural diving in the deep!
Post a Comment