Thursday, March 28, 2013

Long Beach/L.A. trip


February 27th, we flew down to Long Beach, CA with Gary and Sandie Harper.  Scott's art opening was that weekend.  We originally wanted to surprise him, but thought we'd better let him know! We stayed the first 2 nights in downtown Long Beach.  We walked down to the pier and enjoyed being tourists.



 The Queen Mary.


 Lots of pelicans diving for fish.


 Gary and Sandie.  It was great to see them relaxed.


these photos are slightly frightening!  :)
 
I actually got stuck in here... I'm not as small as I used to be!
 
The next morning we drove down to Huntington Beach in our zippy rental car.  I love driving in weather like this!


We met up with Mike Gage for breakfast at the Sugar Shack. He just happened to be down in Ca and was heading back up to Orcas driving his truck.

 surfers at the pier.
 you can actually see the fish in this pelican's throat here.








This was from the balcony where we were staying. You can see the Queen Mary ship in the distance.  We also happened to hit the nice weather.  It was 80-85 the first few days.  Perfect!

I always think of my mom when I see bird of paradise! It would be amazing to live where you could have them in your garden!  Maybe one day...





No comments: