Wednesday, July 30, 2008

more Kodiak...




A few shots from the top of Pillar Mountain. A big hill/mountain that sits behind Kodiak.
Awesome wild flowers...everywhere! My grandma used to take photos up here.
Brandee..
We hiked out to Fort Ambercrombe and as we were looking at the view, we saw this eagle in the tree next to us!
Behind this rock and everywhere it seemed, you could see humback whales. Mostly just their blow holes and a tail here and there. I did get to see one spy hop, but it was with my binoculars, so I didn't get any shots of it.
Dad, this is the spot we called you from. There was a cell tower to the left. About the only place outside of town where there was a signal.... I'm glad actually. It seemed a bit strange to be out here making a cell phone call.. Almost like it wasn't right!
Sea otters...kind of hard to see
This is the church my grandma got married in. It's in Kodiak.

The Salmon berries behind the church were ripe and delicious!

No comments: